The Yukon is home to the biggest gold rush in history, Canada’s highest mountain, a rich cultural heritage, the only all-season road in Canada to cross the Arctic Circle and a dizzying array of thrilling outdoor adventure options…all in an area the size of California which is inhabited by just 37,000 people. There’s no such thing as a crowd in the Yukon.
Six Reasons You Will Love Selling the Yukon
High Visitor Satisfaction Rating
Our visitor surveys consistently reveal high levels of satisfaction. Visitors often report that their Yukon experience far exceeds expectations.
Canada is famous for our hospitality. Northern hospitality is legendary and Yukon hospitality is off the charts. People are down to earth, warm and friendly and will go out of their way to welcome and help visitors. Most Yukoners are passionate about where they live and happy to share their stories and favourite places in the Yukon with guests.
Add-on Opportunities/Dual Destination Itineraries
Our proximity and plentiful air access to other regions create a fantastic selling opportunity. Consider adding the Yukon to an Alaska itinerary or vice versa. With just over two hours’ flight time to Vancouver or Calgary, how about adding an aurora viewing experience to your client’s ski vacation in British Columbia or the Rockies? Dual aurora packages that include Whitehorse and Yellowknife? Or a midnight sun adventure to highlight a summer trip? Connecting to Ontario? No problem! There are many options, and you’ll find Whitehorse an easy hub to work with.
Sales Support and Education
We have a team of professionals here at Tourism Yukon who are happy to help you put together the best possible Yukon vacation for your clients as well as helping you with promotion of the Yukon.
Knowledgeable, Trade-Ready Suppliers
We are working constantly with our local Yukon tourism providers to not only create products that your clients will love, but also to work with you to create mutually beneficial business partnerships. Through training and support, our industry members are eager to work with travel trade. We encourage you to develop relationships with our industry members.
The remote beauty of the Yukon allows visitors to feel a million miles away from the grind of daily life. But thanks to great airline access, it’s actually really easy to get here. With regularly scheduled air services from Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, Yellowknife and Ottawa, as well as direct summer services from Frankfurt, Germany, we’re a lot closer than most people think.
Larger Than Life
Visitor Services and Amenities
You can be sure that your clients will be well taken care of during their stay in the Yukon. Just some of the many services available to visitors:
- Visitor information centres throughout the Yukon
- Online travel planning at www.travelyukon.com
- Consumer websites in German, French, Japanese and Chinese
- Outstanding tourism experiences
- Experienced and knowledgeable tour operators
- RV and car rental (from Whitehorse)
- Licensed wilderness guides
- Exceptional recreational opportunities
- A thriving cultural and entertainment scene, including year-round festivals and events
- Meetings, Incentive, Conference and Exhibition (MICE) services provided by the Yukon Convention Bureau
- Sports Tourism services provided by Sport Yukon
- Banking, medical services and shopping
The Yukon offers your clients a wide range of world-class facilities including:
- Erik Nielsen Whitehorse International Airport
- Dawson City airport
- All-season highways
- Museums and heritage sites
- Wilderness parks
- Diverse accommodation options: hotels, lodges, B&Bs, government and private campgrounds
- A wide variety of restaurants
- Hospitals in Whitehorse, Dawson City and Watson Lake; health centres in other communities
- Sporting facilities